While we were in the Valley I finally took Kimber to get her ears pierced. My sister Heather met me there and got her little girls' ears done as well. Kimber did great! She hated being held down (I had her head and arms and Heather had her legs and torso) but once they did it she jumped right down and started playing.
My cute friend had a baby recently and since she had to have a C-Section she has needed a little extra help with her older boy. Don't get me wrong, she is a Super Woman but having your abdomen sliced in half makes it a little tricky to get an 18 month old in and out of a crib. We had him all day on Tuesday and it was so fun! We spend a lot of time hanging out with his parents so the girls and him just love each other. He is just 3 weeks older than Kimber so they are the perfect playmates...and Addie makes a great boss. Anyway, here are the kiddos enjoying pudding paint. Always a hit.
(Is it just me or would you hate to meet her in a dark alley?)
We bake a few times a week and this time I let Addie choose any cake and frosting she wanted. Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting and sprinkles. I even busted out the cake plate from our wedding that was still brand new. (Sad, I know.) She was so proud! She showed it to everyone possible. The sad part is that I ended up throwing away about 3/4 of it. I tried to be tricky one morning and do it before she was awake but once she realized it was gone it was just devastating for her.
A few weeks ago Jared had to go to Bishop's Council so I took the girls to the temple and let them take pictures with our old camera. They had a ball. Lots of pictures of the ground, my hiney, flowers, stop signs, water and more.


Thursday was Achievement Days. We did a lesson on uniqueness and then fed the girls ice cream sundaes (don't worry, it was part of the lesson). Then we played some games with them- it was hilarious! We did the penny in the flour game (measure a cup of flour, put a penny in the middle and pack it all really tight. Turn the cup upside down onto a cake pan and pass it around with a butter knife. Each person cuts a slice of flour away until someone finds the penny. Once they do they have to get the penny our with their mouth. Kind of gross but it's a hoot!)

We also did the candy bar game. (Get a large Hershey bar, one or two butter knives, a pair of socks and a pair of dice. Everyone takes turns rolling the dice until someone rolls a 7 or 11. Once one of those numbers are rolled that person gets to put the socks on, grab the knife(ves) and start trying to eat the candy bar until someone else rolls a 7 or 11. It's really face paced!) It took the girls a minute to catch on but once they did they were unstoppable. The pictures don't do justice to either game. 

It's also that time of year again. It's bugling season. Woo. Can you feel my excitement? I go just because Jared and the girls love it.
Is your mouth watering for a delicious Utah peach? I can wait to start canning them and making jam. Something I have never done, but it's a good thing I have good friends who know how to do these things. Addie would touch a peach to save her life, but thankfully my other child loves any kind of fruit. Mmmm...they are so good!
Lots more unphotographed things have gone on as well. I've also made curtains for my bathroom and recovered my piano bench. I found the sweetest yard sale ever. An old lady was selling all of her fabric (which is super good quality!) for $2.00 a yard! I did my bench and curtains for $6.00 total.
We have also welcomed a new baby girl into the family. Ivy finally made her appearance on Thursday night. If everyone could have babies as smoothly and as quickly as my sister does there would be no such thing as epidurals. They broke her water and 20 minutes it was go time. ONE push later she was here! Ten days late, but she was here!
We are also getting ready to welcome another baby in a few months! Yeah! Secretly we are all crossing our fingers for a girl. She has five super cute, well behaved boys but a girl would be awesome!As you can see it's been a busy few weeks. I'm sad to see summer coming to an end but I'm trying hard to gear up for fall. I just can think of what's coming....win....win....winter.


5 comments:
I absolutely love the picture of Kimber eating the peach. You need to frame that one! Cute, Cute Girls!
Wow! You have been busy. I love the picture of Kimber eating the Peach it is way cute. You are too good with getting such a great deal on fabric and making curtains and covering your piano bench. Plus baking one a week I have a lot to learn from you and your amazing talents
This was such a great post! I feel so caught up on your life! And congrats to your sister on her new little girl, and to Briana on her pregnancy! I'll send some pink vibes her way too!
thanks for the update...why are we never in the same place at the same time????
What fun!!! your girls are way cute! im so jealous youre going to dland! remember when we went? you were then engaged to....awwww. miss ya lots!
Post a Comment