Addie, 3.5 years:

Height: 41 inches (95%)
Weight: 29.8 lbs.(25%)
I was thrilled the other day when she did this:
As you can see I walked her through it step-by-step but it was a proud moment for her. She loves preschool and has memorized The Pledge of Allegiance (even though she pledges to the United Steaks of America). She is extremely independent. One thing about Addie that I love is that she is always singing. Whether it's a church song or she is asking me a question, she always sings. Many times through out the day that is how we communicate, singing our conversation. She also hates change and inconsistency- a little something she picked up from her Dad.This little whipper-snapper is getting so big! She is her Dad's little shadow. When she sees him drive up she runs to the gate and yells "Da-ie!" with open arms. She also loves to pray. If you ask her to fold her arms she instantly starts praying. It's nothing more than quite whispers but she even closes with amen. Kimber is a great eater. She isn't afraid to try anything. Some of her favorite foods are Cheerios, banana pancakes, grapes and string cheese. She loves to play outside and get dirty.
The girls also had to get shots. I was so nervous for them! I wasn't sure I would be able to keep control of them all by myself. I tried to talk to Addie about it and bribe her with all kinds of things. I'm not sure if she was just brave or if the bribery worked, but she did great! They both got three shots. Addie just got a surprised look on her face after each one and after it was all over started screaming. That lasted just until I could get the Skittles out of my purse. Kimber on the other hand hated it and screamed the whole time and pretty much for the next hour or so. As soon as it was over Kimber ripped her band-aids right off. Addie, on the other hand, isn't ready to part with hers. I took one off yesterday, much to her dismay, to show her that it really wasn't that bad and that was pretty traumatic. Then today she gently pulled another one off that was starting to peel off anyway. The third is still in place and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anytime soon. Why would she want to remember that???

1 comments:
Wow, good for you for trusting yourself and skipping the pointless dr. visits. I'm going to get there someday, probably with the next baby, I'm guessing.
And btw, I read an AWESOME book called The Vaccine Book by Sears that helped me figure out a way we felt comfortable with for how to get Sophia her vaccines without overloading her system, it was science based, objective and brought so much peace of mind to me.
Love your blog :)
Post a Comment