
Anyway, yesterday takes the cake. I finally called for myself. The girls and I had just got home from the grocery store and I was standing in the kitchen making them lunch. Kimber was in her booster at the table eating a banana. When we got home we left the back door open and had locked and dead bolted the security door. All of the sudden I hear someone try to open the back door. My first thought was what the heck is Jared doing home? I looked out the window and didn't see his truck. Addie instantly yelled "Dad's home!" Kimber could see directly to the back door from where she was sitting and turned to look. She stared for a good 10 seconds at whatever was going on. I was way to scared to go and look so I waited a minute before going to the door. Once I looked I saw no one, of course. I called Jared who called Jerome (he is the head mechanic next door) who came right over to check it out. He didn't find anything or anyone. Eventually Jared talked me into calling the police just to make a report because there have been a number of home invasions in the last few weeks.
The moral of the story: don't ever think that since you live in a small town you are safe from creeps!
3 comments:
holy crap!! that jus scared me to death by reading it! how crazy!! im glad youre all safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Scary! My biggest fear is that someone will break into my house during the day when Derek is at work. After all, a robber's got to know that during the day he will either find an empty house or a helpless mother and her children...
That totally creeped me out! I'm so glad you had that screen door dead bolted! Glad everyone is safe!
Post a Comment