The other day I went to the grocery store with my mother-in-law. As soon as we walked in and I saw the greeter I told my mother in law that he looked familiar. It just wouldn't leave me. I couldn't place him and it was driving my crazy. While my mother in law checked out I went to get the truck and decided to ask him his name on my way out. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: You look so familiar to me. What is your name?
Greeter: Antonio M (...something I can't pronounce)
Me: Well, your name isn't familiar to me at all. Maybe I knew someone that looked like you.
Greeter: Yeah, they say everyone has a twin. Maybe you knew mine.
Me: But gosh, you look like someone from my childhood. Oh well.
Greeter: Well, have you lived out here your whole life?
Me: No, I grew up in Mesa for a while.
Greeter: Oh, I lived in Mesa for years and just moved out here. I delivered mail there.
Me: Huh, where did you deliver mail? (Asking just out of curiosity.)
Greeter: Lindsay and Baseline.
Me: Um, that's were I lived.
Greeter: What was your last name?
Me: Richardson, but that was years ago. I moved when I was 10 years old.
Greeter: Do you remember your address?
Me: XXXX E. Javalina Cir.
Greeter: (With a very stunned look on his face...) That was my route. I was your mail man.
At that point we didn't really know what else to say. "Ummm, you did good. Thanks for all the bills. My parents loved them. See ya." We both got a good laugh out of it and I left but started wishing my short term memory was a good as my long term.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is awesome, Kobie! It really is fascinating the things we remember.
Post a Comment