Sunday, August 17, 2008

5th Grade Reunion

Last night the funniest thing happened. Jared and I had a wedding reception to go to in the Valley (among other things). We had just walked in and started talking to some people when I heard some one call my name. There was a girl sitting there and for a second I'm thinking "who are you!?" when I realize it was my best friend from fifth grade! When I moved to Queen Creek (which was called Higley at the time and is actually now Gilbert but it's just easier to say Queen Creek because it pretty much is) I was so nervous to start at a new school. I had lived in Mesa my whole life and had good friends there. On my first day of fifth grade at Higley Elementary, Mandy Burrell was the first person to talk to me. We became the best of friends. You seriously don't know any two girls that had more fun. I have so many fun memories of us. To this day any time I hear "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain I think of her. My little brother Travis called her Mandy Jackson for some reason and it has just stuck. If we ever talk about her that is how we refer to her. After fifth grade I switched schools and we lost touch and only saw each other once by pure happen-stance. It was so fun to talk with her. It felt like we picked up right where we left off- laughing and having a good time just like we always did. I'm so excited to reconnect with her. I love good friends!

0 comments: