Sunday, July 20, 2008

A little something for the Mother in Law

One thing my mother in law has taught me is to appreciate a good sunset and the beauty of nature. You would think that being raised by my Dad I would have noticed more, but I guess I have too much of my Mom in me. To be totally honest the only time I ever even noticed a sunset was while I was living in Nauvoo. The sunsets on the Mississippi are incredible. Apparently I had missed out on a lifetime of beautiful sunsets right here in Arizona. Marlene says that after a long day with the boys she would look out the window while making dinner and watch the sun set. It would remind her that everything was okay because the sun was setting just as it should and it would rise in the morning.

Well, yesterday we took a drive to Woodruff. A little town full of nothing. There is a back road that Jared has always wanted to take and we finally decided to do it yesterday. We thought of his Mom the whole time and had to take some pictures just for her. So you are welcome to stop reading now. I won't be offended. She is a huge fan of Arizona Highways and although my photography skills, well...stink, we thought she might enjoy them.








I just had to include this picture. Jared with two of his favorite things: Addie and a Ford.






2 comments:

RPH said...

those are great pictures! it makes me really miss az!

Briana said...

Wow Kobie! Great pictures! I love a good sunset! We had a lot of fun with you this weekend. The boys said that they wanted to come and see you again right when we pulled into Mesa! After we told them it would be 3 hours to get to your house, they decided that we should just go home.