Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good Friends...Good Times

My good friend Cami and her husband Alex came from California and spent a few days with us. It was so fun! Cami and I were roommates while attending BYU Nauvoo. Our lives have never been the same since. I have never met someone that could make me laugh so hard. Unfortunately since we live so far apart we don't get to see each other very often, so when do we try to make the most of it. Some day I will post about some of the good times we have had. She deserves a tribute!
They got here on Monday afternoon and enjoyed catching up while making cinnamon rolls (that were dangerously good!). That night we drove to Lakeside and had dinner with Ben and Briana at the cabin.
Tuesday we shopped pretty much all day. We hit up a cute little boutique in Show Low called Blossoms as well as some other stores. Alex kept the girls occupied while we shopped. After lunch we took them to Jared's grandparents house where we knew they would have a better time.


Wednesday we drove to Greer. That is where all but one of the pictures were taken. It was a beautiful day and we had a ton of fun.



We got caught in this storm on the way home. It was a doozy! It also caught up to us later that afternoon at home. It was crazy! The rain was coming down so hard that you could hardly see anything outside. We were also without power for a few hours. It was fun for Cami and Alex because they don't get storms like that in Santa Maria. They said they only get thunder and lightning once every FIVE or SIX years! I would have to move!
Naturally, Kimber's picture involves violence.











If she would just look at the dang camera!



Could have been so cute. If should would only look!
My girls loved the attention!

They left this morning and we were so sad! The girls instantly got attatched to them. It was great! Cami was so sweet to let Addie do her hair, play with her cool cell phone, take pictures with her camera, play with her and so much more. They are going to be amazing parents! I can not thank them enough for how much they did for my girls while they were here.


Oh yeah!!! I must give credit to Alex who was a good sport and never complained about spending so much time us girls. Oh, and thanks for mowing my lawn. It looks great!


Cami and I are now planning a trip to LA in a few months. Jared doesn't know yet but he will be keeping the girls so I can fly to LA where I will meet Cami. We will spend the weekend shopping and doing girl stuff. I can't wait!

4 comments:

RPH said...

how fun! what great friends...i cant wait to hear about the trip to LA! the best part of this post is your daughters hair-do! love it!

The Varo's said...

You're little dollies are getting so big! They're such cuties. When are you going to be in the valley again? It's "go time" for us any day now....

Tyler said...

when i have money, i will totally invite myself one time. ha!

KJH said...

Mel- I wish you would come! That would be so fun.