Never leave your child outside unsupervised, even for a second. Learn from my mistake! We let Addie stay outside alone for just a few minutes while we ate dinner and in that time she did this little number on the side of the house:

And this one on the sidewalk:
(There are actually more places she painted but this was all I got pictures of.)
But that's okay because now Kimber has something to match the artwork she did in the hallway:

You might think this is my fault but Addie's artwork was done with a pastry brush and my paint pan that was completely dry. I guess she filled it with water and it brought the paint back to life.
Kimber's art, on the other hand, is a more my fault. I had been painting the laundry room cabinets and cleaned the brush I was using then set it on the counter in the bathroom. But, like an idiot I also let the cup with paint I was using next to it. The rest is history.
As Addie's punishment Jared and I decided that she couldn't drive her Barbie for a whole day. Oh my gosh! You would have thought we cut off her arm! She begged me not to do it but I explained that she has to have a consequence. I explained what a consequence was (I'm sure it's gonna stick too...yeah right!) and told her that she could have a good one or a bad one depending on what she has done. She kept saying "I want a good one!"
On another note, here are some random pictures from the week.







2 comments:
kobie, i am so glad that you branched off from your family blog! i mean, i loved reading thru your family stuff but this is way better to read just about your family! congrats on the split. i LOVE your comforter! where did you get it? i just saw that fabric at the fabric store yesterday and love it.
so, you have some aspiring artists. perhaps you should get them in art lessons or something. :) and, a lot worse could have happened with her out there by herself, you know. we Kaya go outside the window and play like that sometimes for a few minutes. now I am going to think twice about it.
Post a Comment