Thursday, June 12, 2008

Poker chips to the rescue!

Lately I have had a few people ask me how I discipline my girls. I never really have a good explanation because I generally do what works at the moment. Now believe me, my girls are NOT perfect (they fight, they don't want to share, they act like I'm invisible and can't hear me...you get it.) but they are generally well behaved and I don't have to discipline too often. But I have been feeling like I need more consistency. I have also been having trouble getting Addie to help around the house. I feel like she is old enough and certainly capable enough to pick up her room and make her bed. I try and try to get her to help but I usually end up doing it alone while she goes off to play. Well, this morning I got an email from Ashby that included this link. Every mom has their strengths but this lady has a great method that will even work for young kids. If you are looking for a new approach, you need to read this!

1 comments:

Ashby said...

Okay, since no one has commented on this genius idea, I will say that this whole concept is.....

GENIUS (for lack of a better word).

If I didn't have bag restrictions for the flight home (or have to PAY for our bags....what is up with that?!) I would be on my way to Wal-Mart right now to hook myself up with some poker chips. On second thought, I think I'll do it anyway! We should get together and make posters, what do you say?

We miss you guys! Want to do another get together either this week or next?