Sunday, June 25, 2017

100 things

I recently listened to a podcast where the host challenged her readers to list 100 things they love about themselves.  At first I thought it sounded self centered and awkward, but as I listened to her list the things she loves about herself, I decided to take on the challenge.  As I thought about things that I love about myself and began to list them, I realized it's not self centered at all!  In fact, it's pretty hard and vulnerable!

So here's to doing something hard and feeling vulnerable.

1.  I'm fun
2.  I do not live with regrets
3.  I am not afraid of challenges
4.  I'm realistic
5.  I try super hard at being a good mom
6.  I do not have the mindset that my kids would "never do that"
7.  I can stay calm during emergencies
8.  I take care of myself
9.  I play the piano
10.  I am laid back
11.  I enjoy meaningful conversation more than getting out and doing something
12.  I am resourceful
13.  I'm a good wife
14.  I love to travel and see new places
15.  I can be independent
16.  I love my body and have a deep respect for its abilities
17.  I love to learn new things
18.  I connect well with older people
19.  I am generous
20.  I make friends with people who are hard to be friends with
21.  I am frugal
22.  I am very proud of my heritage
23.  I am not afraid to try new things
24.  I am a fast thinker
25.  I have never lowered my standards in order to be accepted
26.  I am very good at reaching out to my family members on their birthdays
27.  I like to challenge myself
28.  I wear makeup and do my hair everyday
29.  I am not afraid to talk to my kids about things that might seem awkward or uncomfortable
30.  I am a problem solver
31.  I have a realistic view of what it takes to run a household
32.  I love meaningful traditions
33.  I take my kids on vacation by myself
34.  I love the aging process and getting older
35.  My home is a comfortable place for people to visit
36.  I immediately give a prayer of thanks as soon as I recognize an answered prayer
37.  I am a good leader
38.  I volunteer when needed
39.  I am supportive of other people
40.  I enjoy exercise and eating good
41.  I don't mind treating myself to nice things like getting my hair or nails done
42.  I am a good secret keeper
43.  I do not complain about or to my husband about his shortcomings
44.  I am a good friend to my kids
45.  I make my husband happy
46.  I am a good aunt
47.  I understand my divine nature
48.  I am thoughtful
49.  I do generous things anonymously for people
50.  I can laugh at myself
51.  I was a good at my secretarial job
52.  I think one step ahead
53.  I am forgiving
54.  I can relate to teenagers
55.  I do not worry
56.  I am relatable
57.  I never go to bed without washing my face and brushing my teeth
58.  I do my homework before making big purchase
59.  I have self control
60.  I have a good menu planning system
61.  I reach out to those who don't want to be reached out to
62.  I make friends easily
63.  I can enjoy junk food on occasion without feeling guilty
64.  I smile a lot
65.  I make people feel special
66.  I understand things that are worth spending a lot of money on
67.  I can give good advice
68.  I enjoy a huge array of music
69.  I do my calling well
70.  I am easy to talk to
71.  I am good at Family History
72.  I do things fast
73.  I have a strong testimony of the First Vision
74.  I know how to find answers
75.  I stick to my guns
76.  I enjoy learning random things and sharing them
77.  I take good care of my kids
78.  I am a good saver
79.  I love to stay up late
80.  I love to get up early
81.  I have no cellulite
82.  I make life fun for my kids
83.  I have a good sense of humor
84.  I enjoy change
85.  I am always looking for a way to improve something or make a process easier
86.  I am simple
87.  I never miss a weekly date with my husband
88.  I am good at documenting our family's life
89.  If something piques my interest, I learn all I can about it
90.  I have never doubted my beliefs in the church
91.  I am not afraid to speak up when it's necessary
92.  I know where I came from, why I am here and where I am going after this life
93.  I enjoy having a calendar and having a grip on my schedule
94.  I have a decent sense of style
95.  My kids feel comfortable enough to talk to me about hard things
96.  I am a good teacher
97.  I stay in touch with all of my siblings and talk them most of them often
98.  I am a peacemaker
99.  I am a good friend
100.  I follow through with my kids; if I say I'll discipline them, I do it!

0 comments: