- What is your best childhood memory? It's almost impossible to narrow it down to one because there are several that stand out: the Christmas when the entire Richardson family took gifts to a family in need and sang Christmas carols, my entire third grade experience with Mrs. Gehret, spending countless hours in the pool both, the trip to Disneyland when we took Grandma Stanford and she "read" our palms.
- If you had a chance for a "do-over" in life, what would you do differently? I would have been a better wife during the first year or two of our marriage. Honestly, I was pretty immature (who isn't?!) and I caused myself a lot of grief. Thankful I, although I should really saw we, have grown up and we have a wonderful marriage!
- What are you most proud of? I am proud of the life we have built. We have a successful business, we make what I think are pretty common sense decisions, I have a fantastic marriage and my kids are pretty cool. So yeah, overall I'm pretty proud of this life.
- How did the two of you meet? Jared and I met at a Stake Young Adult Choir. The high council had asked him to be a part and I was a young adult rep for my ward, so we were both obliged to go. After one of the practices everyone went back to the home of the one of the girls and my friend Katie and I found ourselves in a friendly game of pool. Someone upped the ante by betting dinner- the losing team had to take the winners for steak. My friend Katie was pool shark but that was canceled out by my lack of skill, so we ended up the losers. Being the nice...cough cough...boys they were, they made us pay. That's okay because Jared has bought me plenty of dinners since! After that dinner we started to hang out exclusively and it all went very fast from there.
- What is your favorite music? I love any thing that brings back memories. The old stuff my dad listened to when i was little: The Beatles, The Who, The Moody Blues or songs we listen to in: Colorado, Jim Reeves, Patsy Cline, Marty Robbins, Hank Williams. As far as modern day music, I'm a George Strait lover!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? My goal is to visit all 50 states before I die. So far I've seen almost half of them. We've decided to see visit Boston soon but most of all, I'd love to go to Washington DC. My first stop would be the Smithsonian Museum!
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would be they be? Journals, photos, the wedding rings Grandma Stanford gave me that belonged to her and Grandpa and the blessing dress Grandma crocheted for Addie.
- What teacher had the most impact on your and why? This is is EASY! Mrs. Gehret, my third grade teacher. She was creative, she worked hard, she loved me and she went the extra mile.
- What do you want your tombstone to say? "Here lies a lady who tried really hard at the important things." Not really a nice or reverent saying but it's truth!
- What was your most defining moment in life? Definitely having kids. They have made me who I am and make me want to be better.
- How do you spend your free time? I love visiting with others and hanging out with my kids.
- If you won the lottery, what would you do? Pay my tithing, set money aside for missions and weddings, give generously to the church and others then save what's left.
- Who do you admire most in your life? I admire my mom. I love her drive and determination, her stubbornness for the right things, the way she makes time for important things and how realistic she is.
- What are you most afraid of? I'm petrified to lose one of my kids. Period.
- What feels like love to you? Service. Being part of it, being the receipt of it and watching others give it.
- What is your strongest personal quality? Probably the fact that life is black and white to me. It's either right or it's wrong! A close second is that I think I'm a pretty friendly person.
- If you were president, what is the first thing you would do? I would reinstate all of the laws that our forefathers put into place!!!
- What age do you feel right now and why? I feel 35! I've never had a problem getting older. I actually enjoy it. I feel like one year old actually means wiser too.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? I would love to go back in time to witness any of my grandparent's lives. That isn't exactly one event, but it's something I'm very curious about.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
interviewing myself
I read somewhere that one of the ways to popularize a blog post is to interview someone. I didn't think much of it until I realized that maybe I should interview myself! Maybe one day when my kids look back at this blog they'll find they don't quite know everything about their mom :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment