Man, I miss Grandma Stanford more than words can say. I miss her laugh, her food, her fun personality, her love of hobbies, her candy stash. I miss it all! I write about her often on my private Instagram account and I've written about her here as well on several occasions, but I just can't say enough!
I have a little picture of me and Grandma displayed in my living room where she is holding me on her lap. That is just exactly the kind of person she was- a lover! I also have a 5x7 of her in a nice frame sitting on a shelf in my living room.
If I think too much about Grandma, my heart swells and tears begin to well up. She was such a good grandma! Lots of late nights, so many games, bowls and bowls of ice cream smothered with Hershey's chocolate syrup, loaves of Roman Meal bread, hours and hours in the car traveling, so. much. laughter.
Some of the highlights of Grandma for me where:
-cream cheese dip for Doritos. Just cream cheese whipped up mixed with green onions.
-playing office for hours at her roll top desk
-the whistle of her hearing aid
-her crazy animals. bikini the yorkie (the best of them all), bullet the cat, obadiah the klepto-cat, diego the little chihuahua, nikki the brainless dog, other cats that hated people
-the time i took care of her after her shoulder surgery
-how i would have to go ring the doorbell so she could pretend she had company in order to end a long phone conversation with her friend Maxine Wilde.
-the time she told a friend of her's i could tell a male kitten from a female. that friend brought a whole litter over and i looked "down there" and just threw a gender out there. i had no idea what i was even looking at!
-when i would go to ceretta's chocolate factory i would bring her back a little bag of french mint truffles. they were her favorite! along with payday's and orange slices.
-one time grandma came and stayed with me (along with bethany) and it was so fun! we had lettuce wraps and other chinese food.
-gram loved to knit and crochet. when i had a red theme in my kitchen she crocheted me little doilies so i could display them on my shelves.
-she said "warsh" for wash.
-she hated paper plates and always set the table right
-she always had vanilla ice cream
-sitting in the shopping cart while we grocery shopped together
-everything was always clean!
there is so much more to gram than this. here are a few other posts where i've documented memories:
Grandma Stanford
0 comments:
Post a Comment