This is the third time we've vacationed in Las Vegas. It's not that we love it or think it's the idea place to vacation, because let's face it, it's far from Disneyland, but it's far enough yet close enough and has a variety of things to do.
We got a room at our favorite hotel, The Trump, for Friday through Sunday.
Friday night we had a late dinner at PF Changs inside of Planet Hollywood.
We got dessert and took it back to the hotel with us. I loved laying in bed at midnight while I ate it. (It was felt kind of rebellious!)
We spent a good part of the day on Saturday shopping at Fashion Show Mall. Time flew past and as we were walking out of the mall I said, "we've been in there for FOUR hours!" Jared was quick to remind me that I never get to do that! I did score a few sweet deals on stuff that I needed, like jeans and belts.
That evening we headed out to Caesars Palace.
When we've been to Vegas in the past we've always driven our way through the city. This time we got wise and took the shuttle. It was a huge time saver. The drivers knew their way around time and whipped up right to our destination and back. Not to mention, the Trump only offers valet parking so it can become a hassle.
We went to an antique car show which was L.A.M.E. $12 per person for one of the most disappointing sights we've ever seen. But, it was something new and different.
| This car belonged to President John F. Kennedy. |
We then spent a while walking around a new section of the strip, The Linq, where the crowd and surroundings seemed to be of a higher moral standard. We debated and debated about whether or not to take a ride on the Linq's ferris wheel. In the end, the thought of being in a pod with strangers for thirty minutes was not worth it.
We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory then made our way to the Paris Hotel to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I have a strange thing for noises and the sound of the elevator was probably my favorite part. Strange, I know.
![]() |
| Hello, highlighter. I look dead. |
We bought a piece of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and I indulged again, in bed at midnight. And again in the morning. Totally worth it.
It's always interesting to see people in Vegas. The woman want to look beautiful and dress up. You can tell that they had their hair and makeup professionally done. As we were standing in line to get into the Eiffel Tower, I looked around the casino at the people. Everyone has a story, what brought them there? Who are they when they are home? What events in their life had made them who they are? And let the record show, it is extremely easy to pick out Mormons in Las Vegas.
Jared and I had a great time. We didn't do anything grand, we just spent time together. We held hands and we talked. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift.





0 comments:
Post a Comment