Today I turn 33. I decided that I would eat whatever I want and not exercise. That lasted until about 8:30 this morning when I couldn't help but squeeze a workout in and the most junk food type thing I've eat all day was a chocolate chip pancake for lunch that I treated myself to. I've got this accountability thing going with a friend and apparently it's created some good habits.
Anyway, a friend of mine blogs about the most darling and creative things and I've stolen an idea from her. In order to remember 32 more fondly, I'm going to share 32 favorite memories. These are of course, in no particular order.
Being with Taylor and Nikki in the Temple for the first time.
Watching their sweet little Olive be sealed to them for eternity.
Spending a week with my family in Colorado.
Having my little brother live with us over the summer.
Spending a weekend with a friend in Idaho.
Learning that a brother and a sister would be moving close to me.
Maintaining a consistent exercise routine and weight.
Celebrating Colton's first birthday. (First birthday's are mostly for the mom, I feel)
Sending all three of my girls off to go hunting with their dad.
Getting a new summer wardrobe.
Seeing that I have been able to make friends with some difficult people. (I visit teach two ladies (Megan and Lacey) who don't let a lot of people into their circle. Somehow I've been able to breakdown a few walls they've put up and we've formed some great friendships.)
Having friends come to me with serious life problems and asking for my advice.
Seeing family I haven't see in ages at Grandma Richardson's funeral.
NOT doing summer classes.
Watching my big girls grow and appreciating the friendship that is developing between us.
Catching up with Monica and Gina after many years.
Watching my kids' excitement when they saw the trampoline Santa had brought them.
Finishing the Book of Mormon and learning a whole lot thanks to BofM365 on Instagram.
Hiking Casa Malpais with my kids.
Realizing that I have limits on my time and have to really think about what projects I take on.
Going to El Paso with my kids, Allie and Cooper to see Ben and his family.
Getting involved with Addie's school.
My sisters surprising me for my 32nd birthday.
The laughter I shared with friends and family.
Finally becoming friends with a neighbor I have tried to get to know for years. We've become really good friends!
Attending a makeup class.
Stepping up our families morning prayer and scripture routine.
Realizing how great my marriage is.
Picking up blogging again (though I am sure I will never be as good as I once was).
Learning to better accept compliments (that's always been hard for me!).
Taking my kids to a Christmas play at another church to support our neighbors. I told them to pay attention to how they felt and we had a great discussion afterward about the difference between our church and theirs.
Realizing that life really does get sweeter with time.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment