Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Me and Him

I recently read a popular blog where the girl listed ten facts about her.  It got me thinking that someday my posterity is going to go back and read this and they'll read about the experiences we had and the things we did together, but will they really know me?  So I'm going to list ten things you may or may not know about me and Jared.

1.  I don't throw up.  Or maybe I should say I can't throw up.  In the 8 1/2 years we've been married I have thrown up one time.  And before that I couldn't tell you.  I get it from my Dad.  No matter how sick I get and no matter how bad I would like to get it all out, it's just not possible for me.

2.  The three things I hate the most are Jell-O, Phil Collins and loud, abrupt noises.

3.  I'm a coupon-er.  But, not a very good {or proud} one.  I refuse to carry a binder and I only cut for things I know I will use.  Therefore, Jared has more deodorant than he could use in a year.

4.  I love M&M's and pancakes.  I hope they have both of those in Heaven.

5.  I'm far from a perfectionist.  For the most part, if something is out of place, it doesn't bug me.  But, on the same token, I hate big messes and clutter.  That doesn't mean I don't ever have either.

6.  I can stay very calm during emergencies.

7.  I can count on one hand the number of times that I've been in the driver seat when Jared has been in the car.  Two of those include rides home from the hospital when he was the patient.  He drove us there.

8.  I'm a little spoiled when it comes to hair.  I've been getting highlights since I was 13 and now I just can't go without.  And since my sister moved far away, that now comes with a nice pricetag.

9.  I love Caller ID.

10.  I wish I lived far away in the middle of no-where with my brothers and sisters and their families as my neighbors.

Now for Jared's list.  He has no clue he even has one, so this is purely my opinion.

1.  He has Coke running through his veins.  {That's actually not a secret or an opinion.  It's a fact.}

2.  He has a strange ability to remember every little detail about every vehicle.  He knows when certain features on certain makes and models were available and for how long.  I'm convinced that someday this information could make us very rich.

3.  He is always going to "take that road someday."  He loves to explore and see new things and as we are traveling he will see a dirt road that he knows ends up somewhere else and always tells me he plans on taking it someday.  One of these days all we will be doing is taking back roads.

4.  He has seen parts of Arizona that I didn't even know existed.

5.  The way he remembers when something took place is by who was driving what.  For example, they took a vacation to here driving a 199-whatever Ford whatever.  So, that happened in 199-whatever.

6.  He blames me because he hasn't seen a football game in 8 1/2 years.  I don't know what he's talking about.

7.  He cooks pancakes and steak.  That is about the extent of his cooking abilities.

8.  He hates the grocery store.

9.  He is extremely helpful.  He will help anyone, anytime, anywhere.  No matter what the sacrifice is.  Sometimes it frustrates me because I want him to tell people no, but in the end it always pays off.

10. It is almost impossible to make  him mad.  He is always so calm and hardly ever gets riled up about anything.

So there you have it.  10 facts about each of us.  Maybe you knew them, maybe you didn't.

3 comments:

Ashby said...

I envy your inability to throw up!

Travis and Allie said...

I think you forgot feathers in your hate list.

RJ said...

Can I sign up for the middle of nowhere as a "surrogate sister"? :)