Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful

My sister just got after me for not posting anything in such a long time, but I've had good reasons.  I won't go into that, but I realized that there is something I can share that I have had on my mind lately.

Lately I have realized how thankful I am for my siblings, all 9 of them.  Lately in conversation it seems like the topic of family always comes up.  It usually turns to them telling me about the drama that is happening between them and their siblings.  Just the other day a woman told me that she hasn't seen her siblings in 14 years!  That would be like never even seeing my little brother Brigham.  Then today a friend was telling me that her and her husband no longer speak to his brother and wife.  I can't imagine going a day without talking to someone in my family.  {Mostly you Heather.  We've only talked once so far today.  What, do you hate me?}

We love getting together and always have a great time.  This weekend I am having my little brother and his cute wife for a few days.  And I can't wait.  I know we'll have lots of fun things to talk about and that there will be lots of laughter.

I'm learning that having a family of 10 kids that all love each other and enjoy being together is an accomplishment.  My Mom and Dad deserve the credit.  Maybe it has something to do with their constant reminder that "one day you're going to be best friends."  I guess they were right.

0 comments: