Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow Day

On Christmas Eve I drove to Heber to meet Heather and Doug for a day in the snow. Our original plan was to meet at Woods Canyon Lake, about an hour from my house, but because of the amount of snow, we weren't able to get in. They ended up driving 2 1/2 hours to meet me. Jared wasn't able to be with us because he had to finish working on one of the girls' Christmas presents, but we still had lots of fun.

Addie was so excited to get all dressed in her new snow clothes and boots. I can't say the same about Kimber. She finally decided that getting dressed was better than spending the afternoon sitting in the truck alone.

The girls didn't waste any time getting into the snow. They ran up the hill to slide down, they took turns on the sled, made snowballs and so much more. They didn't care how cold it was!

And now, a few pictures from the day-

I love these little buns!
Not sure if Kimber is doing a newscast or taking her string cheese very seriously.
The highlight of the whole trip was when Doug tied the sled to the back of the truck and let each of them take a turn. It made it all worth it just to see them be so excited.
Doug was such a good sport to spend the day with us girls. He even took Kimber on her very own sled ride. Can't believe I am sharing this most hideous picture. Heather, please forgive me.

4 comments:

RPH said...

How fun! I have to admit, as much as I hate the cold associated with the snow, playing in it with kids is so fun!!

The Varo's said...

i love the pictures! and that one of addie's bum...so so cute! if i have told you this once, i've told you a million times, these girlies are dolls.

Our Family said...

Hey I like my cool boots! Next year everyone is getting a pair.

Newman Family said...

So FUN!!!