Thursday, December 17, 2009

Here lies our Christmas tree

For no apparent reason our tree will no long stand. Today it took a spill while no one was even near it. After holding it up for almost 45 minutes while Jared worked on it, we finally got it to stand. I'm not sure what he did but I do know it involved shims. That lasted about 10 minutes.As I type this Jared is outside "coming up with an idea."

Update: Jared just walked in the house with a bunch of tools. The first thing he said to me was "I know this is probably going to kill you." The next thing I see is this:"It's like a truck. When it breaks down on you, you just never trust it again."

Pretty sure that tree isn't going anywhere.

4 comments:

Lyndsay Winters said...

Hilarious! I would have thrown the darn thing out the window. Good thinking Jared!

Yvette said...

Just so you know this isn't the first time that a tree has been tied to thst ceiling, and it won't be the last. Just enjoy it.

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh man I bet your arms got tired of holding the tree. What a wonderful husband to not give up and keep trying.

Ashby said...

Ryan was laughing so hard when I told him Jared rigged it to the ceiling. I love it!