My Grandma Stanford loves purses. One memory that I have is going with her to a boutique when I was about 6 or 7 and seeing her splurge on a purse. It was about forty or fifty dollars. She told me to be sure not to tell my mom. I'm not sure why she thought my mom would care, but she was wanted to be certain that I didn't say anything. As soon as I got home, what do you think I did? Ran and told my mom that Grandma had bought a new purse and made sure I told her just how much it cost. I still haven't lived that down.
It wouldn't matter if you went through my Grandma's purse the day that incident happened or today, the contents would be the same. A tube of Carmex, a nail file, a little pad of paper with a pencil, her wallet, some cash and some Kleenex. I'm sure there were some other things, but those things are what stand out in my memory. I also remember that it was always very organized.
Well, the other day I was searching the house for Jared's old cell phone. While I was rummaging through the toy box, I came across Addie's purse and noticed that it was rather heavy. I peeked inside and had to laugh. It was as if she was a woman and knew exactly what she would need to get through the day.
- A pad of paper

- Chapstick
- Lip Gloss in a tube
- A pencil and two pens
- $50.63 in cash
- Tire Gauge
- Sunglasses
- Hairbrush
- Camera
- Drivers License
- Library Card
- DSW Reward Card
- IPod (in a case)
- Car Keys
- A little makeup bag
6 comments:
This is so funny! Jared better look out, she may be one of those purse collectors just like her grandma!
She has better stuff in her purse than I do! So funny! What a girl!
fifty dollars in cash? tell addie she can play with my purse anytime. i never have cash in my wallet!
My purse if full of the same things...HA! 50 bucks in cash? Jackpot! That is funny!
She needs a piggy bank :) I love little girls.
Sounds like she was prepared to go shopping.
Post a Comment