Since Grandma died we just didn't feel like Grandpa Miller should be left alone. He forgets to do some of the important things like eat and take his medicine. It's hard to explain his situation. He is still one of the smartest people I know, yet some of the simple, everyday things seem to be easily forgettable. His short term memory is well, short!
So, since we didn't want him to be left alone I was given the privilege of going to Show Low everyday to "Grandpa-sit." It has been so fun! Sure, I get nothing done at home, but who cares! This has been the most wonderful opportunity. I wouldn't trade it for anything. He is so kind and so funny. He is so pleasant and so easy going. He has always been one of my favorite people, but this week just reconfirmed that feeling.
He lets me do my thing and never complains. I asked him the other day while I was getting ready to vacuum if I was going to bother him. He replied "I'm too old to be bothered." He lets me clean right around him and never says a word. I'll admit that he loves clutter and I hate it, but I just organize and de-junk and he lets me do my thing, no problem.
It's fun to watch him with Kimber. (Since Addie is gone she gets all his attention!) She would sit on the ground by his chair and play Barbies while he watched her and talked with her. He also love to tease her. While playing with a barrel of monkeys the other day he teased her that she was a chango. He also likes to tickle her belly and say that he is going to get some "pons" or "ponson".
He is so easy going. All I have to do it say "Grandpa, are you ready for lunch? It's at the table." He jumps right up and eats everything on his plate. A big accomplishment! Yesterday I asked him how his lunch was and he replied "better than downtown." As long as he has his ketchup and Tabasco (which he eats on EVERYTHING!!!) he is good to go.
He always has something witty to say and always keeps me laughing. Recently while cutting his hair I told him that I hope I do a good job. He made me laugh when he said "I always say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about three days." I wish that was true for women!
Today is my last day since the family will all return this afternoon for the funeral tomorrow. It's has been such a pleasure spending so much time with him lately. I wouldn't have traded this time for anything.

3 comments:
what a sweet post for such a cute man! kobie, you're the best.
Kobie, I love how much you value family and make them such a priority in you life. You are such an example of love and service!
What a great guy. I love your life. Can I come grandpa-sit sometime? Sounds like it really does the body good.
Post a Comment