Sunday, July 19, 2009

The last few weeks have been so busy! It seems like I fill my summers up with all kinds of things and then before I know it, it's gone! And that is just what I am afraid might be happening. But thankfully I have been filling it with fun stuff (or at least most of it has been fun stuff).

Last Sunday we picked up my niece Kennedy and she stayed with us for a few days. It was so fun! She is just 6 months younger than Addie and they love to play together. While she was here we had a fashion show that was so fun! I pulled out all of the dress up clothes (that just tripled in size thanks to Addie's cousin Savanna) and let the girls pick out their own outfits. Then I would announce something about each girl and call their name one at a time. It was so cute to watch them get so excited about their turn.

If this picture doesn't tell you how excited Kennedy was, then I don't know what will!
We also used my parent's blow up water slide. As you can see it was huge! They spent hours playing on it. And I spent hours trying to pack it all back into the bag. Long story.Of course we had to have a treat! My sister told me about some cupcake secrets she learned and so we've been making them like crazy!
It was a crazy-busy and even messy few days, but we wouldn't trade it for anything!


6 comments:

The Varo's said...

I meant "like". It bugs me when I spell things wrong in the comments...

The Varo's said...

The girls look likes they had so much fun!

Newman Family said...

What a blast!

Jennifer Larson said...

It looks like tons of fun especially the waterslide

Meli said...

that just made me giggle the whole time seeing as that will prob never happen in my home. what fun!!!! cars and trains make up m,y house and messes:)

RPH said...

Love that messy room...that always means fun!