After we had the eggs, sugar and butter mixed together my friend Traci stopped by so I took a quick break to help her with a super cute project she is working on. I left the girls alone for a few minutes and when I got back I saw that Kimber had been licking the spatula...with the raw eggs, dipping her fingers in it, and had butter all over her jeans.
We got back to the project and needless to say, Addie and Kimber are the only ones that are enjoying the brownies.


We ended the afternoon by watching Jared mow the lawn. We sat on the swinging chair and I told the girls stories from when I was little. I told them about our house on Javalina Circle, about how it was two stories, how we had a merry-go-round in the backyard, about my friends in the neighborhood and more. 
Addie is really into hearing stories from my childhood whenever we are doing something. If we are eating dinner she wants me to tell her a story. I usually tell her about how Uncle Ben used to eat SO MUCH food and managed to stay super skinny (thank goodness for those Richardson genes!), how he used to eat a hamburger everyday after school and how much he loves onions.
She has asked to hear stories about my brothers and sisters when they were little and about the friends that I had when I was younger. Yesterday I also told her about my friends Monica and Gina and how much fun we used to have. I have actually really enjoyed it because it makes me think and brings back so many happy memories.
3 comments:
Those two are girls after my own heart. I could eat cookie dough and brownie dough raw all day. I have consumed massive amounts of it in my life, and never been sick. I love that little story.
your girls are so cute! i have my own rule that if a child made the food, i'm not eating it.
we had some good times...me, you and gina!
MMMMMMMMM!!!
Post a Comment