Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Problem Solved!

Today was a much better day. We headed off to the pool first thing this morning. When I walked in to pay the lady said, "I need to warn you. There are 120 elementary kids in there." I decided that we had driven a long way so we were going to swim no matter what! When I got to the pool and realized how many kids there actually were, I grabbed my phone to call my sister. I told her the situation, and being the optimistic person that she is, she said "let's do it anyway!" I am so glad we did! The girls had a blast. There were a few problems though.

First of all, it's a little hard when you are swimming and you look out the big windows only to see PINE TREES! It plays tricks on your mind.

Second of all, the center posts the tempurture of the pool. It said 80 degrees- I beg to differ! It couldn't have been more than 65-70. I am not joking. The kids lips were blue and everyone was shivering. But, kids will be kids and they didn't mind.

Third, I undressed down to my swimming suit and jumped in the frigid deep end with Kimber. As I was shivering I started to look around and noticed how many mom's there were there wearing their long sleeve plaid shirts, Wranglers and boots! At the pool! It made me laugh. Then my sister kindly told me that I don't fit in up here. (Alyssa, do you agree?!)

Fourth, it was a little repulsive how many 1st and 2nd graders cracks I had to see. I can't believe how tiny swimsuits can be. I seriously got a lot of crack shots!

And last of all, it's been so warm for the last few weeks. Then on the very day we choose to go swimming, it's cold and rainy. But, we didn't let it ruin our fun.

1 comments:

Newman Family said...

Way to go supermom, you are such a good sport!