Friday, May 22, 2009

Museum Trip

Am I the only one who feels tired and like I am in a slump? It's been this way all week. Yesterday I realized that it must be the weather. I was talking to my sister this morning and we agreed that the clouds were making us tired and hungry. Hopefully the sun will be back in full force soon.

But meanwhile, we are trying to stay busy. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with fun things to do with my girls so yesterday we headed down the street to the museum. The museum is actually located in an old general store that was once owned by Jared's Grandparent's and they passed it on to his Aunt Mildred and Uncle Lloyd. It is filled with pieces from the town's history, art from local artists and more.

Addie was little scared to put her arm around her faceless friend.


In 1978, the town asked each family to provide a square for a quilt they were putting together. This is the square from Jared's grandparents.
Addie was drawn to the dolls, of course!




3 comments:

Newman Family said...

What cool place! And a little family history, too!

Ashby said...

You definitely aren't the only one! I totally feel like I've been in a slump recently too! What a good idea to take your girls to a museum.

The Varo's said...

ahhahahaha! i love the pictures of your girls and the mannequins! you're such a fun mom!