Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Achievement Days

Today for Achievement Days we took our girls to the local fire station for a tour. It was so fun! The girls had lots of questions, and stories of course. The head EMT is our ward Executive Secretary and since he was familiar with us (his daughter is also one of my girls) he gave us a great tour! All of the girls got to slide down the pole, get in an ambulance and look around, hold (or at least attempt to) the jaws of life and more.

When Brother Burden wanted to show everyone how they load people into the ambulance he volunteered me to be the patient. I jumped on and the girls buckled me up. They made me laugh so hard. They were all saying things like "don't cry, it'll be okay" and "don't go towards the light" as they would gently pat my legs or hold my hand.


I have four callings but this is by far my favorite! My friend Jenn is the leader of the 8-9 year old girls and I am over the 10-11 year olds. We deicded to combine them because about a year ago when we she got called bceause we didn't have a lot of girls. This summer we will be up to 18. The Primary President asked us how we feel about splitting them up and Jenn and I both agree that we would be really sad. We are attactched to both groups and fee like we have a good relationship with all of them. I feel like the girls really enjoy coming and with the exception of the last two activies we usually have every girl and them some. I love these girls and I really do learn a lot from them.

2 comments:

RPH said...

you are such a good sport. I bet those girls love having you as a leader. Looks like a lot of fun!

I love all the reassuring words they gave you. How sweet.

The Varo's said...

what a fun activity! where was activity days when we were this age?