This morning during breakfast we had a good talk about Jared. I was wearing one of his shirts because I couldn't find a pajama shirt of my own. (Maybe some of you like wearing your husbands shirts, but I actually hate it! I need a shirt that fits me and that doesn't choke me.) Kimber pointed to it and with a very confused look said, "daddy? where daddy?" I said "yeah, this is dad's shirt, very good." Then a few minutes later I was done so I got up to go do something and caught her trying to take the rest of her food into the living room, a huge no-no. I said "hey, you know we don't take food in there." In a sweet voice, but one that sounded freakishly similiar to Stuart from Mad TV, she shrugged her shoulders and said "why?" She quickly turned around and took her food to the kitchen chair. I watched her as she would grab a spoonful and carefully balance it as she took it into the living room. She had it down before she got very far so she would turn around and go back for more.
It's funny, the things that bring you pleasure. A new outfit or a haircut and a weave used to be what made me happy (don't get me wrong, it still does!!!) but now I find my joy in two little girls who make each day a new adventure.
Plus, I like waking up to this face. The bed head usually makes me laugh too.
2 comments:
So cute! I can't believe how big your kids are. You seem like such a good mom. Sorry I didn't really get to say "hi" at Halloween. I know Bethany is having so much fun living by you!
kimber's a cutie.
i totally hear you about the little people that make life so much fun. remember we used to think we were having so much fun when we were younger? that's nothing compared to motherhood.
p.s. we have cute babies.
Post a Comment