Many of you have already received this post in the form of an email, but I wanted to make sure everyone possible has the opportunity to be included.
Hello All,
Many of you may are familiar with the situation with my mother in law, Marlene. She has been battling cancer since February of 2005. Her most recent bought has been quite the battle, but once again she has been brave and courageous and has fought a good fight. Unfortunately, there are no more options and the Doctors have decided to send her home from the hospital and let hospice take over. The family is at peace with it, as is Marlene.
We are praying she can make it until Christmas, her favorite holiday, so that we can have one more celebration together. As a gift we wanted to give her something that would help her understand the effect she has had on the lives of the people around her. We are asking anyone who knows her to write a letter to her that includes memories, well wishes, expressions of love or gratitude, etc.
We know it's a very busy time of year for everyone and that this is a lot to ask, but in order to get this put together and ready for her we need the letters by the 22nd of this month. If you can't seem to get it done by then we can always add it later. Simply email them to me and I will make sure they get included.
Thank you to all those who have called, offered your services and for your support. I truly believe in paying it forward and getting a bigger return. Marlene is a remarkable woman and I know that the love and support that is being shown to her and the family is the return she deserves.
With Love,
Kobie
PS- Pass this on to anyone you feel may want to be included in the book!
2 comments:
Our prayers are with your family. We LOVE Marlene and I have so many great memories to share that I don't know where to start. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Brie
I would love to be added to your list when you go private.
bthecheese@yahoo.com
We will be thinking of you this season. Enjoy the time with your family. I don't know her, but she must be a wonderful person judging by her family. :)
Post a Comment