Monday, December 8, 2008

Addie's way of giving

Each holiday I like to have Addie make a little treat for her friends. I usually pick out what we do and then I let her do most of the work and pick out who she wants to give them to. We added her friends from school to the list this time.

This time we made candy cane reindeer. She picked the nose and eye color for each one depending on who they were for. Then I did the antlers and glued on the face. Addie would make a hole in each tag with the hole punch and string it on. Then I would add the bell and tie it together. We had so much fun!

(I am breaking my own rule today and have been wearing work out clothes all day. Pardon the outfit, I do get dressed and do my hair ever day. I promise.)

Addie loved using the hole punch. She still doesn't have the coordination to hold the paper and punch the hole at the same time, so I helped her out with that. Isn't that what Mom's are for?


I thought it was nice that she put so much thought in to each person's reindeer. They were all different. She is picking out the noses here.

She kept telling me that she was having so much fun making these for her friends. I swear that if we didn't run out of candy canes the whole town would end up with one of these.

And the end result?

And I had to make some yummy whole wheat bread while all that was going on too. And believe me, with the homemade peach jam I made this summer, it's delish!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Kobie - you're such a cute mom! I think that's a great idea to do with your kids each year. Her reindeer turned out adorable!

Amber said...

Kobie, I think I might stop reading your blog. I feel like a slacker every time I read about all the adorable, fun, yummy, over-achiever things you are doing. :) You seriously wear cute clothes and do your hair EVERY DAY?! What is the point of that?! :)

Actually, you really inspire me.

RPH said...

Too fun KobieJo! I might have to steal that little reindeer idea, it is totally Kaleb appropriate. And that bread? YUM!

Michayle Hales said...

I am in full support of the showering and doing your hair and makeup everyday philosophy. It makes me feel so good and motivated! I hate days when it doesn't happen and then of course you see someone who knows you try to shower everday-they are usually smirking!