
Monday was a whole lotta house cleaning and laundry that I needed to catch up on. Thankfully I was able to stay on top of it for the rest of the week.
Tuesday we had my sister over for the day and once again the kids had a great time. I think that my favorite part of the day was this:
I took about 3 trillion pictures of Ivy for Bethany. We both agree that she doesn't even look like herself in pictures. She looks way older and way bigger in the pictures but st.You've already heard about Wednesday- all the roll making and noodles.
On Thursday I let my cousin host Bunco here at my house. She did a favorite gadget theme and asked everyone to bring their favorite treat. After I made sure my house was spotless I started working on cinnamon rolls. We had a great time and I got two great prizes. Mindy had door prizes and I got a great little kitchen kit (apron, rolling pin, cookie sheet, whisk, etc...) for Addie, but I'm keeping that for Christmas. I also got an electric chopper. I had wanted one for years but I just never spent the 10 bucks. I was the second to choose and I went for that right away!
Friday was one of the only days in the past few weeks that we didn't have something scheduled. I decided to make it a fun day and to do lots of fun things with the girls. We made a quick trip to the grocery store that morning and came home and played the rest of the day.
We did all the normal things that you don't normally photograph and then spent the rest of the day in the kitchen. Everytime I got one mess cleaned up it was time to make another one, so the rest of the day until almost 6 o'clock was litterally spent in the kitchen.
We started off with goo. (It's that weirdo stuff you make with cornstarch and water.)

Then we went on to banana bread. I found a healthy recipe online and decided to give it a try since I needed to use up some of our bananas anyway. It turned out great! 

We topped it all off by making dinner for a friend who just had a baby. We made her rolls, Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti and salad. And for dessert- a yummy thing of ice cream. Not very creative, but I have a thing with dessert. I always feel like you should give people something they can save for later or that is light. I never like a heavy dessert after dinner and I don't want to give someone something that will go bad if they don't eat it right away. (So Alyssa, hence the reason for the ice cream!)
Okay, now that that is all written out, it really doesn't sound like it was very busy. I guess you just can't possibly list every second of every day.
2 comments:
That picture of Ivy is SOOOO CUTE!
So fun! I wish we lived closer so I could join in on some of that stuff!
That little baby is adorable too. So are your girls.
Post a Comment