Sunday, September 10, 2023

2021, In the Blink of an Eye

 Tonight I sat down at the computer and saw that my blog was still open from earlier today when I was looking for something.  I noticed that it's been nearly two years since I've written, even though my kids still ask me to keep it up.  They love reading it!  

Since it would be nearly impossible to capture the last two years in a single post, I figured I could share some highlights of each year!

October 3, 2021

Colton was baptized.  






For as long as I can remember, Addie has told Colton that since he would be eight years old when she finally had her driver's license, she would be the one to drive him to his baptism.  She stayed true to her promise!


That same month, we took a trip to Arkansas to see Annie.  She's a wonderful hostess and it's always a good time.  





In November of 2021, we got to host the Hymas family.  Raygon will forever and always be one of my very best friends.  It's such a treat to see her, and her kids are so fun and self-entertained.  That's my kind of company.




We had our annual Christmas Eve dinner at Licano's with the Neff Family. We started this tradition back in 2016!  It's a nice break from making a big Christmas Eve dinner, and of course, having to clean it up.  After dinner, we head home and put the kids to bed.  It's so nice to take all of the extra work out of Christmas Eve, because there's plenty of other work to do!



Christmas is always exciting.  All of the brainstorming and shopping for gifts is so much work, but it always pays off when it's time to go to bed and the house looks like this.
Watching the kids on Christmas morning will never get old!



0 comments: