Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A little happier

I mentioned in my last post that one of my current favorite podcasts is called Happier with Gretchen Rubin.  Periodically, she shares short podcasts, called Littles, with a little tip on how we can make life happier.  I've listened to several of them and have implemented her advice.  This is one of my favorite Littles.


  • In this episode she summarizes the story of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."  She tells about the children not believing their sister, Lucy, when she tells them that she visited another world.  They go on and on about how it's not possible  After some discussion, the professor says this:  
  • “My dear young lady,” said the Professor, suddenly looking up with a very sharp expression at both of them, “there is one plan which no one has yet suggested and which is well worth trying.”
    “What’s that?” said Susan.
    “We might all try minding our own business,” said he. And that was the end of that conversation.
    After this things were a good deal better for Lucy.

There are a few people dealing with situations that I just can't understand.  People make weird choices and I just can't seem to figure them out.  When I heard this bit of advice I decided to give it a try.  And suddenly, I didn't care about trying to figure their craziness out!


0 comments: