Monday, August 20, 2012

School Days

I really don't know what to say about the first day of school other than there were tears involved and they weren't shed by either of the two girls.  They came from the biggest girl in the house.  Lucy and I are learning to adjust to the quiet around here and look forward to 2:20 when we pick the girls up and we're all happily together again.

This year Addie is in second grade and has Mrs. Flake.  Her best friend Brooklin Austin is in her class again this year.  The other day Addie told me that every morning when her and Brooklin meet on the playground they say "it's hot out here because we're out here and we are hot!"  I told her she was banned from saying that anymore until she could tell me what it means.
Kimber is in afternoon Kindergarten and has the same teacher Addie had, Mrs. Davis.  Her friend Rylie Muder is in her class and they have quickly become best of friends.  Everyday I get the scoop on who did what and all the exciting news Kindergarten can produce.  The other day she said, "mom, guess what!?  Rylie Soloman can whistle like a WOMAN!"  
Remember this?  Well it's happened again.  For the first two weeks of school all Kindergarteners wear a lanyard stating whether they ride the bus or get picked up.  The other day I glanced at Kimber's lanyard and shook my head.  How many ways can I pick her up?
All I can say is Addie turned out okay and doesn't seem to have been affected by Mrs. Davis' lack of grammar skills. 

1 comments:

Ashby said...

Brooklyn wore the same shirt as Addie for her first day of school too! It's her favorite!

I had to go back and read the previous post about the teacher's bad grammar because I just assumed Kimber had written that on her lanyard. LOL!