In Lucy's few short weeks of being two she has managed to keep us on our toes. We
did some intermittent potty training over the last few weeks but things
were so chaotic and we so were here and there that it was almost
impossible to make any progress. I decided that the Monday after the
girls started school we would hit it hard. Monday came and we made some
progress until we had one major set back I assumed would slow us down.
While
having dinner with our company Lucy took a tumble off the kitchen chair
and hit her head on the tile. I quickly scooped her up and ran to my
bedroom so her crying wouldn't interrupt the conversation. She cried
consistently hard for a long time and would not settle down so I knew
something more serious had to be wrong. I was worried about her head
but she started pointing at her wrist. I finally took a good look at
her arm and realized it was looking bowed. Jared
and I decided we needed to head to the walk in clinic to have it
checked out. We felt bad hurrying our company out the door but of
course they understood.
At
the clinic the Doctor confirmed little Lucy had a broken arm. Moving
her hand around for x-rays was nothing compared to the pain of having
her arm reset. She screamed while Jared held her and I stood in the
hall pacing the floor and feeling like I would trade places with her in
an instant. She was put in a temporary cast and given a sling to wear
until Friday.
On
Friday she was put into her permanent cast that she will wear for the
next four weeks. We lucked out and the Dr. feels like since little
bones heal so quickly she could have it removed at four weeks instead of
six.
If
I didn't know any better I would think that little gal has never known
the joy of having two fully functioning arms and hands. Unfortunately
the break is in her dominant arm (the right side) but she is adjusting wonderfully. She absolutely refuses any help from us and gets along
beautifully. Eating was a challenge the first day but she's got that down pretty well now. Now the real challenge is finding something to wear that will fit over that darn cast! Around here we don't do sleeveless but have had to make an exception for Lucy. It's sleeveless or it's shirtless.
With all of that excitement she managed to conquer potty training and I'm happy to say we are now diaper free in this house!


2 comments:
Poor little Lucy! That just breaks my heart. But she does look cute as always!
Poor thing but love her stylin' pink cast!
Post a Comment