Tuesday, May 17, 2011

From Addie's Mouth

I have the worst memory ever.  My kids say things that make me laugh and I always think I will remember them but they always slip my mind.  This time I am acting quick while it's fresh.

Addie:  Mom, I have two notes from school for you.  {Handing me a neon green paper}This one is about places we can go and stuff I can do during the summer that might cost a little bit.  Then this one is if you speak another language.  Which I kinda do. Spanish.

Mom:  {Knowing my child thinks she is fluent in Spanish, I tired not to laugh.}  Okay, get me a pen.  {I then filled out the paper which just asked what our primary language is.}

Addie:  {Looking over my shoulder} Did you write yes?

Mom:  Yes that you speak another language? 

Addie:  Yeah, for Spanish.

Mom:  I took care of it.

And now for your viewing pleasure, Addie says the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish.



A few minutes later she is kneeling at the coffee table doing some math-

Addie:  Mom, how do you write ten hundred?

Mom:  You don't, it's one thousand.  One zero zero zero.

Addie:  {In an I-don't-think-so tone} Nu-huh!

Mom:  Yes, Addie.  I swear.  There is no ten hundred.  You say one thousand.

Addie:  Yes-huh!  Then what happened to eleven hundred?

You've got me there!

4 comments:

RPH said...

Some times these little kids are just so darn cute!! Its hard to keep a serious face when you are parenting.

Heather Evans said...

Apparently Addie thinks she is so fluent she gave Kennedy lessons. Kennedy now thinks she can speak Spanish and when Martha came to clean two weeks ago she counted in Spanish to her and tried to say some words I couldn't make out. Thanks Addie!!

The Varo's said...

So I made my mom watch this and and we both laughed so hard!

RJ said...

Holy cow Kobie Jo, you have got to be kidding me! She is a DOLL and HILARIOUS! I had Davey watch it too and we were both ROLLING! He said something about how it's a good thing your blog is private or this video would go VIRAL in a second and then when Addie reached adolescence it would resurface and embarrass the heck out of her.

So wish our kids could play!!!