Christmas Eve night we were able to have an impromptu visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus. When he knocked at the door I had Addie answer and to say the look on her face was priceless would be an understatement. The girls were shocked that he would pay them an early visit.
He visited with us for a few minutes and then hurried off. We were then able to tie up our 12 days of service. We talked about all of the things we had done for others and that while they were serving others, they were actually serving Christ. I think they got it.
After we got the girls to bed, which was a lot easier than I thought it would be, Jared and I got to wrapping. Last year I had everything wrapped and ready for the tree, but this year I procrastinated. Thankfully with Jared's help it went quickly.
We're still lucky that our kids don't wake up in the wee hours of Christmas morning. Instead we had to set an alarm clock for Addie so she could wake everyone up at 7am. They were elated to see everything that Santa had brought.
Addie still reminds me that Santa didn't bring her everything she asked for but I didn't see her complaining on Christmas morning. I think she just wishes she could open presents again. She'll just have to wait until next year.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That last picture of the girls looking at the tree is precious. I love those girlies.
Post a Comment