Although we are only 5 days into this, I have to say that our sweet little Lucy is making this adjustment a breeze. Of course she is still in sleep mode but even as that fades she spends her awake time happy and learning to focus her eyes on her older sisters. They clobber her and want to hold her all the time and she doesn't seem to mind one bit.
While she did this yesterday-
The girls pulled out a few of the crafts we picked up before leaving for the Valley-
It's hard to be stuck at home all day but the girls have been troopers. Today they are looking forward to snow cones with Aunt Jeanie. She came to visit last night and told the girls that she would come pick them up and take them out. She adores my girls and they love her to pieces (no wonder we wanted to use her name) so it means the world to them that she would do this.
Her husband, Uncle Kenny, has a '56 Bel Air that looks identical to this one-
Addie loves that car and one day we mentioned it to Aunt Jeanie. She told Addie that once the new transmission gets installed she would come pick her and Kimber up and take them to eat lunch at Sonic. I hope Jeanie knows Addie never forgets!
Since we haven't left the house and I was gone for so long, our food situation has been a little scary. Last night I finally sent Jared, Addie and Kimber to the store with a short list and told them that besides what was on the list, I just wanted them to come home with some food. Between the three of them, they came home with an interesting array of food. I could tell the girls had an influence in him. These are just four things I could stack and photograph without him seeing.
And you know what, I really didn't care. I was just so happy he took care of it. Plus, it made me smile because it took me back to the days when my Dad would go to the store for my Mom. It was like heaven when he came home. We were stocked up on all kinds of fun food!




6 comments:
You're giving me so much hope that life with 3 isn't as hard as I'm expecting it to be! And I love it when the dad goes to the grocery store. I find it so amusing what treats they come back with! LOL!
Will your aunt take me for a ride in that sweet car too?
Before Maggie was born everyone warned me that 3 kids was going to push me over the limit. It hasnt been that bad. Sure, it is hard to take 3 kids to the library or Wal Mart by myself. But when we are at home (which is A LOT) it is pretty smooth sailing and I would not categorize it as hard.
Jared sounds like Andy! When I ask Andy to stop at the store for something, he always brings home tons of other goodies! Its so great!
Looks like you are feeling good, and I am so glad. I think of you everyday.
Oh the days when dad would go grocery shopping. I loved it! Now, that role has be given to Doug. He loves to go for me and I am more than happy to stay at home with the kids and have him go for me. He always comes back with an array of things that were not on the list.
she is just beautiful kobie!
i have come to realize that if kali wants to do something, even if it's not how i do it, it's one less thing i have to do.
I could go for a donut right about now... I'm so glad Lucy is an easy baby. I am scared to death to have a 3rd baby. I'm thinking a 3 1/2 year gap sounds really good!
Lots to say . . . Congratulations! She is so pretty and 3 girls! Love her name. Jared must of missed the Doritos . . . Ansen never forgets that necessary item. LOL! And good luck with 3. It was rough for me, so I talk it up to everyone. I think it's better to expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised - you know. I was expecting a breeze since 2 was and then had a rude awaking. Oh, well - I'm still up for trying it again.
Congratulations again!
Post a Comment