Sunday, July 4, 2010

Keeping Busy

We have been in the Valley for about 11 days now.  For about the first seven days I was a nesting maniac!  I was cleaning and organizing anything and everything.  Annie and I attacked her bathroom last Saturday.  My sister in law, Allie, came over for a visit and before we knew it she was painting right along with us. 







It's hard to see all of the hard work that went into beautifying the bathroom but here are before and after pictures.

We painted the walls, ceiling, cabinet, mirror, light fixture, air vent...pretty much everything.  We also bought a fancy new towel rack.  It was a total splurge but totally worth it.  The only thing that the finished bathroom lacks is the sconce we found a few days before beginning the project.  We haven't been back to get it but it's going to complete the room!


The nesting madness continued on through the week with the help my sister, Heather.  Together we rearranged the family room and got rid of a few pieces of furniture.  I also repainted a large picture frame and rehung the picture.  Needless to say, at the end of the day I was worn out!  But, I love a good project and it's been lots of fun.


While I've been working in the house my girls have been enjoying the new water slide my parents bought.  They have had cousins galore here playing outside.



Of course one of the highlights for my girls has been spending lots of time with Aunt Annie.


They have done pedicures

They have done lots of piano playing and singing

They've made cupcakes.

Doesn't that look yummy!?


The girls have also enjoyed time with their Great Grandma.  One night after their baths she invited them over for hot chocolate.  A little hot for that, but they didn't mind.



Although my girls have been having a great time the best part for me was when Jared drove up at midnight Thursday night.  We hadn't seen him since the Tuesday before.  I was so happy I could have cried.  And when he left at 4:45 this morning I was so sad I could have cried!

He came down not only to see us but to help my parents out.  My Mom is opening a Preschool (which is already super popular) this August and they recruited Jared to frame it up.

I seriously have to thank my family who has been so kind to us.  My little brother, Jordan, has given up his bedroom for me and my girls, my parents are always making sure that I take time to put my "cankles" up and they don't seem to be bothered when I am so exhausted that I sleep in.

Thanks Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

The Varo's said...

so i keep checking this thing to see if you've had the baby yet! you better text me when you do.

the bathroom looks great. i am so sad we moved away and that the babies won't be able to go to your mom's preschool!

let those little girls rub your cankles. although i am sure your cankles are the same size as my regular ankles:) kali would tape my feet because they would get so dang big and my toes wouldn't touch the floor.
love you!

Diane said...

Great to read your blog Kobie and it was great to see you and your daughters last Thursday at Heather's. I really was praying for a 4th of July baby boy for ya:(
Maybe you have birthed him today(Monday)?? Love and hugs, Diane

RPH said...

So fun! glad you are having a good time while you are waiting around. Those cupcakes do look yummmm!

What a fun surprise to have your hubby come for a quick visit!

I think about you everyday. Love you!

Diane said...

It was great to see you and the girls last Thursday at Heather's. I keep texting Heather to see if your "dude" was born...he is not in any hurry to come into this world:) You look so good in your pregnancy!! Love and hugs, Diane